Full Time, Onsite
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Who we are:
COIL is the nationwide leader in turn-key EV Charging solutions. Driven to meet ambitious zero-emission goals, COIL's innovation bridges the gap between customer service, installation, and technology to enable widespread EV adoption. COIL believes that EV installation should be a simple, efficient, and seamless customer experience.
Headquartered in San Francisco & Los Angeles, COIL offers residential, commercial, and enterprise solutions powered by COIL's Unified Platform (COIL UP). We offer an array of services for manufacturers, installers, and renewable energy consumers that include Solution Design & Engineering, Program Management, EVSE experts, Incentive Programs, and COIL iQ - the leading Renewable Services Software Platform.
About this role:
COIL, Inc. is looking for an Electrician who is skilled and possesses the skills to support and perform electrical installations.
● Be a team player. Work with leads, electricians and apprentices with electrical installation at commercial, residential and industrial sites.
● Install electrical systems, appliances, fixtures and components meeting current National Electrical Code / California and Local Electrical Codes.
● Move from different assignments / jobs based on scheduling with the flexibility to work alongside various team members with a positive attitude.
● Install conduit which includes various trade sizes from ½” to 4” using benders and other techniques at various heights.
● Install and trench underground wiring and circuits.
● Handle and fish wire in different conditions including walls, basements, crawl spaces, attics and other areas.
● Configure and install Electric Vehicle charging equipment; this includes joining the equipment onto a wireless network, updating EVSE operating systems and configure load share features.
● Use handheld power tools to drill, screw, attach or remove electrical installations.
● Perform rigorous physical labor to include the ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs, work within confined spaces, on 12’ ladders, lift scissor lift and hoisting/rigging equipment. Outdoor work possibly in inclement weather when safe.
● Clean and maintain work areas in a professional and workmanlike manner.
● Abide by safety standards and practice safe working practices.
● Support with miscellaneous errands including materials running, clean-up, dump-runs and other tasks as directed.
● Host electrical inspections with the ability to communicate and coordinate with the inspector.
● Demonstrate mechanical aptitude, strong problem solving skills, deductive reasoning, and manual dexterity.
● Use standard electrical testing tools, basic computer skills, tablet and smartphone use to assist with electrical installation.
● Positive customer service skills. Able to explain and converse with project managers and team members. Candidates will be clean cut in appearance, abide by OSHA guidelines for safety gear, be outgoing and have a personable approach when changes occur. A cool and collected mindset with the ability to motivate and correct employees while maintaining the character of the company.
● Ability to use technology including a mobile phone, mobile phone apps and computer for software applications to execute job work orders, company communication and workforce management.
● Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
● Ability to pass a background check.
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● Great communication skills, both in writing and verbal communication.
● The ability to to regularly lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and occasionally more assisted by equipment or other employees.
● 2+ years of electrical experience.
● ET Card / Registration.
● Must have basic hand tools and safety gear.
● Elementary English, bi-lingual is a plus.
What's in it for you (Upon Completion of Probation):
● Competitive Salary DOE
● 401K with match
● Annual Bonus
COIL, Inc. is committed to building diverse teams. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.